First screen you see after opening Appy Geek is simply designed home screen. It has a gridview structure and topics (news categories) which are choosen by you are located in there. When you select one topic, all news belong to that subject come to you as a listview. If you like and want to read one article from the list, just tap it and smart news reader screen will be opened.
There are many news sources and you can choose what you like. Some example of content providers are Tech Radar, Techweekeurope, T3, Tom’s Hardware, AppZap, Associated Press, AFP and so on…
Some good features:
- Article sorting (by mood or by date).
- View option (night mode enabled or disabled).
- Adjust font size.
- Save article (save any article you want and then read it even you are offline.
- Activate notifications (Enable notification feature on the topics that you think they are important and notification will be appeared even the app is not open).
- Related topics (Find more related topics about that subject).
- Videos only (See only news which have videos).
- Read more on web (search the subject on Wikipedia, Google, Youtube or Twitter).
- Different topics view as a 3D sphere, 3D wheel or classic.
- Share an article on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+) or as a mail.
- Search topics (either by text or voice).