Google Translate app brings online translation version to your Android devices. Its simple and compact interface makes it easy to use. The only thing is connecting to the internet in order to take advantage of its useful services.
Google Translate offers many great features. Some of them are listed below:
- Quickly translate with voice. It understands what you spoke and translates rapidly.
- Listen to you translation results in native language (supports 40 languages).
- Take an image of any text (even handwritten), it recognizes characters and words. Then you can select easiliy the words to be translated.
- Write via drawing to a canvas. It will be recognized as a text and be translated.
- May be the most important one: speech to speech translation mode. In the speech to speech translation mode, two people who knows different languages can communicate with each other easily. When one of them speak something, it is translated at that moment. Translations are shown as a text or spoken.
- Select word or phrase and search it on the web.
- Share or mail translations.
- Find and access the earlier translations from search history section.
- Even it requires internet connection, you can view favorite translations and translation history when you are offline.
- Copy and paste translations.
- SMS translations.
Supported languages (from official page): Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish.