Shazam is a great music tool that recognizes songs in a few seconds. When you hear a song which you don’t know its name, just have Shazam listen to it and it will tell you what it is.
- Version: Varies with device
- Requires: Varies with device
- Category: Music & Audio
- Size: Varies with device (16 M on Samsung Galaxy W I8150)
- Price: Free or Premium Version (Shazam Encore 5.15 $)
Sometimes we hear a song and have no idea what it is. At that time all we can do is asking somebody if he/she knows or search on the web. However, searching on the may not be possible if there are no lyrics or it is in a foreign language that we can’t understand. Fortunately, Shazam will help us in those situations to find songs easily.
When you launch Shazam, you will see the tagging screen first. Just tap the screen to run its song recognition function. Then it will listen to the music and finds its name very quickly. It also brings other information about that song. For example it lets you to watch it on Youtube, buy from Amazon, comment and share.
- Tagging: Use this when you want Shazam to recognize a song for you. Just tap the screen and wait a short time. Then you will see the name of the song with other useful information. This screen is accessible via the tab located on the top left of the screen Alternatively you can access it from “Tag Now” option from the menu.
- My Tags: Here you can see your previous tags in a list.
- Chart: Here you can discover other musics.
- Friends: You can sign in with your Facebook account and add comments to your tags and share opinions with friends on your music and TV discoveries.
- Reccommendations: This feature is available on Shazam Encore version. It recommends you other song related to tagged song and enhance your music knowledge.
- Album Review, Disccography: Here you can find album reviews and discography info about tagged song.